Your Privacy Rights
Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
Request to Know
You have the right to request that we provide you with information regarding what personal information about you we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold in the preceding twelve (12) months. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will disclose to you the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting your personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you in the preceding twelve (12) months.
- If we have sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose
To exercise this right, click here and select “Get My Personal Information” to submit your request.
Request to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. To exercise this right, click here and select “Delete My Personal Information” to submit your request.
Please note that we will not delete your personal information where we need it to:
- complete the transaction for which the we have collected your personal information;
- fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted under federal law;
- provide a good or service requested by you or reasonably anticipated within our ongoing business relationship with you;
- otherwise perform a contract between us as business and consumer;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise a legal right or comply with a legal obligation;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code §§ 1546 to 1546.4);
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest if:
- the research adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- deleting the personal information is likely to make the research impossible or seriously impair it; and
- you provided informed consent during the initial data collection.
- enable internal uses reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- otherwise use your personal information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information;
- comply with federal, state, or local laws and regulations; or comply with legal inquiry, or investigation.
For your personal information not subject to the exceptions listed above, it will be deleted via permanent erasure, deidentification, and/or aggregation and we will direct our service providers to do the same.
Please note that your deleted personal information may remain on our backup or archive systems until the next time we access or use those systems. We will also maintain a record of your deletion request.
Request to Opt Out
You have the right, at any time, to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Click here and select “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” to submit your request to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
Upon successful processing of your request, we will stop selling your personal information to third parties. In addition, we will instruct applicable third parties, where required by law, to not sell your personal information.
Please note that opting out of the sale of your personal information will not include the following:
- when you direct us to intentionally disclose your personal information to a third party or utilize us to intentionally interact with a third party,
- when we alert third parties of your request to opt out of the sale of your personal information,
- when the sharing of your personal information is necessary to perform a business purpose and your personal information is not further collected, sold or used except as necessary to perform the business purpose,
- when your personal information is transferred as part of an asset in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other change of control of our business.
Right to Non-Discrimination
Toyota will not discriminate against consumer who exercises any of the rights described above. Specifically, we will not deny you goods or services; charge you different prices or rates, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; provide you with a different level of service or quality of goods or services; or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
If you are a California consumer and would like to exercise any of the CCPA rights identified above, you may submit a request by either completing the online request form here or by calling us at 855-226-4048