Delete My Personal Information
You have the right, to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions. To exercise this right, click here and select "Delete My Personal Information" to submit your request
Please note that we will not delete your personal information where we need it to:
- Complete the transaction for which we have collected the personal information.
- Fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted under federal law.
- Provide a good or service requested by you or reasonably anticipated within our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Otherwise perform a contract between us as business and consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fradulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise a legal right or comply with a legal obligation.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code §§ 1546 to 1546.4).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in public interest if:
- The research adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws
- Deleting the personal information is likely to make the research impossible or seriously impair it and
- You provided informed consent during the initial data collection
- Enable internal uses reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Otherwise use your personal information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws and regulations; or comply with legal inquiry, or investigation
For your personal information that was not subject to the exceptions listed above, we have deleted the personal information via permanent erasure, deidentification, and/or aggregation and have directed our service providers to do the same.
Please note that this deleted personal information may remain on our backup or archive systems until the next time we access or use those systems. We will maintain a record of your deletion request.
Right to Non-Discrimination
Toyota will not discriminate against consumer who exercises any of the rights described above. Specifically, we will not deny you good or services; charge you different prices or rates, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; provide you with a different level of service or quality of goods or services; or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Based on the information above, if you would like to submit a "Get My Personal Information" or a "Delete My Personal Information" request, please complete the online request form here or by calling us at 855-226-4048.
If you would like to submit a "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" request, please complete the online request form here or by calling us at 855-226-4048.
Please be advised that using this form does not also exercise your rights with any Toyota, Lexus, or Scion dealers, local Toyota dealer associations, private distributors, Toyota Financial Services, Lexus Financial Services or Toyota Insurance Management Solutions.
If you wish to exercise your rights with the above entities, you will need to do so by contacting them directly.